Tuesday, March 9, 2010

When I buy bed sheets from stores like Macy's, Walmart, Target do Ihave to wash these brand new bed sheets?

I am having a bad bout of bed bugs, I have called the exterminator and have taken every precaution to combat this prb. I am even sleeping in my dining room couch (its not a pullout) but I just bought twin fitted sheets to put all around the couch because the fabric of the couch is a bit itchy. So I bought these brand new Twin sheets and just threw them on the couch only to find bed bug stains on the edges of damn brand new sheets and I am itching like no ones business. It was only 2 little bed bugs stains but I would like to know could it be the packaging of these sheets that I keep finding these crawlers or if I wash new sheets %26amp; then place them on the couch will the problem will go away. I have scoured my entire dining and have scrubbed every inch of the room for these bed bugs and NOTHING. I have bed bugs in my 2 upstairs bedrooms not my dining room. How can this happen, I keep checking my sheets before I go to bed on my couch anymore for fear of bed bugs.When I buy bed sheets from stores like Macy's, Walmart, Target do Ihave to wash these brand new bed sheets?
First of all, bed bugs DO NOT come from new products.


They are in your home, the only way to remove them is by an exterminator. Bed bugs need blood to grow and survive, and if you look on your mattress, under the stitching, you may find them hiding. Also, the reason you wash new bed linens, towels etc. is because the manufactures use a ';sizing'; or some type of wax to stiffen the products, so that they are easier to fold into the packaging. Have you been on any trips, or have you had guest in your home? They can travel in your suitcase.


Make sure they are bed bugs, look on your skin for very noticeable red bumps or bruises. You may even need to see a doctor.

No comments:

Post a Comment