Wednesday, March 10, 2010

How often should i wash my bed sheets?

i redecorated my bedroom in my trailer park home about 10 months ago. I didn't wash the tiger print sheet set yet that I bought at Walmart because I dont want the sheets to fade and/or shrink. I know i need to wash them soon, since they are starting to get hard spots from the weekends that my boyfriend stays over. My question is...how often do u wash ur sheets, and how much longer can i go till i end up washing my pretty sheets and having them fade and shrink since walmarts stuff is cheaply made.How often should i wash my bed sheets?
I have to wash mine all the time. We spill things on them on orgy night.How often should i wash my bed sheets?
wash on cold/cold and then air dry to reduce fade and shrink worries
You....you might want to consider washing your sheets daily. In cold water from the crick'. Then you can air dry them by hanging them outside to dry on the clothesline.... or power line.... whatever. Just hang em' out where they are sure to pick up the breeze being kicked up by the freeway traffic zipping on by. Oh, if you're not on the freeway side you might want to consider rolling your trailer home onto that side of the park, unless the move will increase your by rent too much. Hey, good luck with it.


(all in jest of course because it seemed very much as if you were making a joke).


Weekly. Cold water. Air dry.
Wash them with woolite protects clothing and keeps them lasting longer or baby shamppo too.





I wash my sheets one time a month.Since..I have plenty of sheets.
you live in a trailer park; you don't ever have to wash your sheets. the 'hard spots' are just added decoration.
I wash or change my sheets a minimum of once a week, usually every 5 days or so. Think about it...you spend 6 or 7 hours a night laying in them, sweating, drooling, oil from your face and hair, etc. I figure I wouldn't wear the same clothing 5 days in a row, so I don't let my sheets go much longer than that. Def wash in cold water and hang dry if possible.
When you buy new sheets wash them right away!!! I wash my sheets once a week, and wash often if period and other things.





I would try IKEA or better brands with higher tread counts for lasting longer.
Those sheets need to go in the gar-bage! They will never be the same. The stuff on em now will ruin the color.





Go get new sheets and don't be gettin ur freak on on the sheets. Have 'company sheets' if you have to. This way your good sheets don't have to be washed as often.





You can also grab some company sheets from the neighbor when dey is hangin em out to dry.
I wash my sheets once or twice a week, and more if I have any kind of illness. If I were married, I would also wash them after ';special moments';. It is always good to keep more than one set of sheets for your bed just in case something happens and you don't have time to wash your sheets.





Wash in cold water with a good detergent and maybe some ';Biz'; laundry additive. Fabric softener is always a plus. I use a small shot of bleach in the water after the machine has filled but before I've put in the sheets, but that adds to the fading factor.





Your question implies that you have not washed the sheets on your bed for 10 months. Please forgive me if I am wrong (and if I'm not, to each his own way), but you really should just throw those sheets away and get a new set. That's a really really long time to use the same sheets with out washing them!
good grief....sheets should be washed once a week at least...more if you have your boyfriend over....this is gross..





if you don't want them to fade or shrink....use cold water and the lowest driver setting..,...but please....WASH THEM NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Once a week sweetie or every time your boyfriend makes a hard spot. To help keep the color throw some oxy clean in with it. Wash your sheets real damn hot that first time but if you wash them every week you can use cold water and it will keep your sheets pretty. Sheets catch all your dead skin cells and other nasties so I would think you better keep better track of all that. Lil buggies love livin in that stuff so clean that stuff up and stay healthy.
You have sheets? You must live in one of them upper crust trailer parks.
Wash every two weeks, if you have someone else or a pets on the bed then once a week. Also have a back-up Tiger Print sheet on hand.
Regardless of what your sheets are made out of, if you sleep in them, you need to wash them more often than every 10 months. I do my bedding laundry once a week.
That's gross, Wash them before you get some kind of skin infecton, no joke. It would be more sanitary to sleep in a dumpster. Wash them once a week at least.
If you can't fold them, they need to be washed.
I wash mine once a week...but you...you're obviously a little differant. So I think if you just shoot for once a year you will be doing good! Wait about 2 more months...and then throw them in the wash in cold water, dont want those pretty tiger print sheets to fade too quickly.
How often do you shower? I shower nightly and wash my sheets once a week and never get in the bed without being clean. I bleach my sheets every week. I cannot imagine not washing your sheets for 10 months. You should just throw them away and get new ones. Haven't you ever heard about ';bed bugs';? Mites grow in your mattresses and sheets and you should look it up on the internet. You make the saying '; Don't let the bed bugs bite'; come true. They must be biting you
Once a week is good enough!!! But I would suggest if your boyfriend stays over the week-end wash them on a Monday!!! Wash in cold water, air dry them low heat. **** Luck.
i would suggest every other weekend , or the opposite weekend your bf stays over , wash them on cold and they should stay decent at least for a little while
I try to do mine once a week or at least twice a month...wash them on cold and use something like Tide, it usually doesn't fade colors that much.
I think they should be washed every week barring some kind of spillage or soilage. However, I admit that sometimes I get lazy with this, especially if I'm behind in other laundry.





-S
Umm, wash your sheets once a week. Yikes
Once a week and sooner if needed! Maybe you should get some other sheets and toss the 10 month old ones. That's just eww!


I can just imagine the state of the rest of your place. I highly recommend you watch this show or at least get some of their cleaning tips off their site!


It's How Clean Is Your House.


http://www.bbcamerica.com/content/100/in鈥?/a>
at least once a week...if they are soiled than right after they get that way...you can use the cold cycle to avoid fading...but if sheets are getting hard spots on them wash them please... hard spots really??? i just can't quite grasp the idea that someone would not wash a set of sheets so they won't fade and will look nice, but will let them have hard spots on them sorry hunny but that is gross and unclean...buy a spare set that way if u can't do the wash right away you will have a spare set ...best of luck

No comments:

Post a Comment