Tuesday, March 16, 2010

I got very itcht last night in bed having just laundered my sheets that very day. Is it detergent?

The last time I laundered my sheets with detergent I spent a very itchy night, too - so I simply ran them through the rinse cycle, dried them and everything was fine.





I laundered these particular sheets with detergent yesterday and lo and behold last night I was itchy again





Does it make sense that these particular sheets (indian cotton, high thread count) should make me itchy when laundered with detergent but other sheets are OK?





I am 90% sure the itchiness (SEVERE itchiness) is the detergent because as I say I used the same sheets a month ago having run them through the wash cycle without detergent and I was fine





Any comments, ideas, suggestions welcomed ... thanks in advance.





(I am 100% sure it isn't bed bugs cos until I laundered my sheets, I was fine and the itchiness happened that very night - last night - and I have had a rotten night's sleep!)I got very itcht last night in bed having just laundered my sheets that very day. Is it detergent?
The weave in some fabrics holds more residue than others. If you are using a fabric softener stop. Run those sheets through the rinse cycle twice when you wash them. Switch to a detergent for sensative skin.I got very itcht last night in bed having just laundered my sheets that very day. Is it detergent?
Maybe your detergent has enzymes and your allergic to it..That happened to me before. You may want to change your detergent.
I had this and changed the detergent which solved the problem.

1 comment: