Thursday, March 11, 2010

How do i get blood out of my bed sheets and comforter?

Last night, I scraped my knee from longboarding and I cleaned it out with alcohol and peroxide and anti-bacterial cream, and covered it with a couple bandages.





It definitely stopped bleeding but I guess it didn't stop leaking puss because I got out of bed and came back in this morning and saw several blotches of dried puss on my comforter and my bed sheets. I have a queen-sized bed. The comforter is blue and striped while the sheets are white.





I've searched around forums of how to remove blood stains but I wasn't sure if the same procedure works for puss. I haven't yet treated anything. The most that I've done was remove the comforter and sheets from my bed. Any suggestion will be considered and any help will be well appreciated. Thanks.How do i get blood out of my bed sheets and comforter?
Spray it with a stain remover like Shout, then clean the spot with cold water and soap.How do i get blood out of my bed sheets and comforter?
Nurses and doctors use peroxide to get blood stains out of our clothes.
It may come out with just detergent and cold water (be sure to use cold). If not, most pretreatments should remove it - or something like Oxyclean.
Don't wash it until it is treated, Spray and wash should do the trick, leave it soak for a bit, not dry though, then wash.
Try hydrogen peroxide on the white sheets. I would use it in an inconspicuous place (like the inside of a seam) on the comforter to see whether it affects the color. It will foam up and digest the puss and any blood. If you have an oxygen based spotter like Oxyclean, it will also remove the stain.

No comments:

Post a Comment