Thursday, March 11, 2010

Where can I find Star Trek (TOS) bed sheets?

I searched eBay (for like, the first time ever.) and they had three: a used one, an expensive one and an ugly one.


I searched google and it brought up Star Wars results. (Thanks Google, you rock! 卢.卢)


And amazon don't have them either, so until I find some, I'm stuck with these ugly black emo-sheets until my parents get me new ones.


Please help, it's got to be Star Trek, not Wars. (Much to the confusion of google.)


Ty. ^.^Where can I find Star Trek (TOS) bed sheets?
Okay, so I did a little research regarding this question, and I came up with also Ebay, JT enterprises embroidered logo bedding, and craigslist that have Star Trek (not Star Wars bedding) The one's on ebay are really cool and colorful and sell for $79.99 (ouch) however it is in perfect condition. Also found another one on ebay for $63.99 not as colorful. The reason these are so expensive is they were only put out back in the 70's. I remember my brother having had this set when he was a kid. When I searched this it also pulled craigslist postings from various states. One was San Antonia. However, due to the vintage nature of Star Trek TOS it is going to be costly due to it being collectible. My best suggestion would be to wait until the summertime as Paramount is releasing Start Trek TOS movie in May of 2009 this year, and they are intending to bring back a lot of the vintage items like lunch boxes, bedding, curtains, etc. after the May 2009 release of ther movie. It should make it a lot less expensive and a lot easier to find in yopur regular stores like Walmart and Target after the movie comes out. Wait until summer when they start releasing all the products. If you choose not to wait...check out vintage textile companies for popculture textiles. Rubylane deals in vintage textiles. In addition, I have seen quite a bit of Star Trek fabrics available for purchase. One website is 4my3boyz.com selling by the yard. I also saw that janofabrics.com has the vintage fabric purchasable by the yard as well. If you google Star Trek fabric you will get an enormous amount of stores that have what you are looking for. It's pretty easy to create your own curtains, pillows. comforter, duvet cover, sheets, etc. Most of these places have special discounts depending on the amount of yards you buy. Good Luck, I hope this helps!

No comments:

Post a Comment