Thursday, March 11, 2010

How to get safflower oil out of bed sheets?

I tried using safflower oil on my legs as a moisturizer for a week after reading an article (on Yahoo!) and I loved the results but after I washed and dried my sheets, the oil had seemed to bake in and the sheets were heavy and waxy feeling. So I threw them in the washer again on the hottest temperature with extra soap. Still waxy. Then I got out my heavy duty Clorox 2 powder detergent and put a healthy dose in there with the hot water, still waxy but not quite as bad. Is there any way to save these sheets? It was my favorite set.





Surely massage therapists have a tip on how they get the oil out of their linens?How to get safflower oil out of bed sheets?
Roughnecks who work in the ';oil patch'; can sometimes get covered in thick crude oil. They wash their work clothes with Pine Sol or pine oil to remove the grease and oil. Add a cup to the sheets to remove the oil. When they are clean you may wish to wash them again to make them smell nice. The pine oil works like bug and tar remover on a car. One oil can dissolve another.How to get safflower oil out of bed sheets?
Dawn dishwashing liquid
I should think after all those washes, you have thoroughly set the oil. Maybe you could try a pre-wash stain remover, and let it soak in for a while, or try soaking them in ammonia, then washing in cold wash.

No comments:

Post a Comment