Tuesday, March 16, 2010

I got very itcht last night in bed having just laundered my sheets that very day. Is it detergent?

The last time I laundered my sheets with detergent I spent a very itchy night, too - so I simply ran them through the rinse cycle, dried them and everything was fine.





I laundered these particular sheets with detergent yesterday and lo and behold last night I was itchy again





Does it make sense that these particular sheets (indian cotton, high thread count) should make me itchy when laundered with detergent but other sheets are OK?





I am 90% sure the itchiness (SEVERE itchiness) is the detergent because as I say I used the same sheets a month ago having run them through the wash cycle without detergent and I was fine





Any comments, ideas, suggestions welcomed ... thanks in advance.





(I am 100% sure it isn't bed bugs cos until I laundered my sheets, I was fine and the itchiness happened that very night - last night - and I have had a rotten night's sleep!)I got very itcht last night in bed having just laundered my sheets that very day. Is it detergent?
\i got itchy till I had large red welts from failing to rinse properly (I liked the just laundered scent and did it intentionally) it was excruciating, that was from Daz, i still use daz but now I make sure i rinse properly.I got very itcht last night in bed having just laundered my sheets that very day. Is it detergent?
You could have a sensitivity to that particular brand of detergent. You might want to change detergents and see if that helps. Also, if you put one cup of white vinegar in the rinse cycle, it will remove any soap build up from the sheets, and it also acts as a natural fabric softener (the vinegar smell will go away after you dry the sheets).
The tight weave is causing the problem. It is not rinsing well. Either use less detergent, wash a second cycle with NO detergent, or buy Ivory Snow to wash the sheets. Your clothes have a looser weave and the detergent can rinse out easier. Plus sheets often don't wash evenly if you machine is not large enough. They tend to ball up.
Washing sheets and pillowcases alone is what I do, use less detergent (cut it by half, so that they get washed and easily rinsed) and make your washer do an extra rinse cycle, adding fabric softner to the LAST rinse cycle so that you know they will smell good and be soft (white vinegar works well for this too and doesn't stink).





Often when I change detergents, (even if it's cos I don't have enough $ for regular at the moment), the clothes and smells and feel of them are different. Similar like to shampoos when you change to a different one how your hair feels..??


If you are not changing detergents, then maybe your body chemicals are changing and you need to think of changing detergents.

No comments:

Post a Comment