Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Do your bed sheets need to match the bedspread for it to look good?

this is my comforter:


http://www.brylanehome.com/decor/Angelin鈥?/a>


It's blue with patterns colored rose, gold, and green.





Do I need to buy blue sheets with it, or do you think green sheets will look nice? (i am a new homeowner with NO decorative skills at all and frugal about my money..so that's why i'm asking if this question sounds silly...)Do your bed sheets need to match the bedspread for it to look good?
Cream or white sheets are always best. Trying to overdo the color scheme by buying colors in sheets almost always looks overdone. The only room I have a colored sheet in has a beach theme. My guest room sheets are a light blue but my comforter is white so it works. But in my other rooms where I have pattern and color my sheets are creams and whites. It's crisp and clean and the color doesn't fight with the bedding. The fact is if the sheets don't come close to matching any color in the beddng it will all be off and look disoriented. Make your bedding the focal choice and not your sheets. In the end it is more spa looking and that is the look you should be going for.Do your bed sheets need to match the bedspread for it to look good?
No your sheets do not have to match unless you turn back your comforter when making the bed and show the sheets. Then you should match them. I have a bedspread and turn mine back so my sheets have to match.
If you have a dust ruffle and the shams and make your bed, your sheets won't show. It doesn't much matter. I like white towels and white sheets because you can bleach them if they get stained.
green would look better. Any color on the comforter will do. Can never go wrong with white or cream.
i would go for any of the colors for sheets.
Yes. It looks funny if it doesn't match. Right?

No comments:

Post a Comment