Tuesday, March 9, 2010

When I buy bed sheets from stores like Macy's, Walmart, Target do Ihave to wash these brand new bed sheets?

I am having a bad bout of bed bugs, I have called the exterminator and have taken every precaution to combat this prb. I am even sleeping in my dining room couch (its not a pullout) but I just bought twin fitted sheets to put all around the couch because the fabric of the couch is a bit itchy. So I bought these brand new Twin sheets and just threw them on the couch only to find bed bug stains on the edges of damn brand new sheets and I am itching like no ones business. It was only 2 little bed bugs stains but I would like to know could it be the packaging of these sheets that I keep finding these crawlers or if I wash new sheets %26amp; then place them on the couch will the problem will go away. I have scoured my entire dining and have scrubbed every inch of the room for these bed bugs and NOTHING. I have bed bugs in my 2 upstairs bedrooms not my dining room. How can this happen, like this I don't even travel and don't own any suitcases???When I buy bed sheets from stores like Macy's, Walmart, Target do Ihave to wash these brand new bed sheets?
I have heard that bed bugs are making a come back for some reason. You need to get a new mattress and have the whole house fumigated for them. I would always wash anything new that you get. Manufactures put chemicals like formaldehyde in things before packaging and that stuff could seep into your system.





Sounds to me that is the least of your problems (new sheets). Take care of the major problem first-bed bugs. If you have done everything that you can think of besides throwing away the beds and getting brand new ones, then that would be the most logical and most expensive, step. You might be able to get a hypoallergenic mattress cover and see if that helps. Once you get it taken care of, always change your sheet regularly. I change all 5 of our beds once a week and I spray down the mattress with Lysol and let it air out before covering so soon.
  • eye liner
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment