Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Is it possible to make a fabric shower curtain out of a bed sheet?

Sure. I actually used cloth tablecloths for my shower curtain because they are a color and pattern I like.





I didn't do any sewing either; I just got those curtain hangers that have a clip at the bottom and a ring on top - get the right diameter to go over your shower curtain bar. I always use a shower curtain liner. You can get plain ones pretty cheaply at stores like Target or Home Depot. Otherwise, you can get fancier ones at places like Linens n Things, Macy's, etc.Is it possible to make a fabric shower curtain out of a bed sheet?
I did; you have more patternsto look for in sheets than shower curtains; All you need is a plain liner on the inside of the sheet.Is it possible to make a fabric shower curtain out of a bed sheet?
You'd have to be sure to get a good liner. I would think if the sheet was to get water on it, it would soak it up like a sponge on the bottom hem line. You'd have to keep it away from the water as much as possible. I think the fabric shower curtains are specially treated so they don't absorb water.
Yes I do it all of the time because of the beautiful patterns on sheets, just hang a clear plastic liner behind it, use the rest of the sheet to make toilet tank covers or window treatments to match.

No comments:

Post a Comment