Sunday, March 7, 2010

Why do my bed sheets seem to get wrapped around my shirts when doing laundry?

For the past 4 years of college, I've always done my laundry the way my Mom taught me:





1) Separate whites from colors.


2) Wash whites in hot water, rinse in cold.


3) Wash colors in cold water, rinse in cold.





Dry the clothes.





This has worked wonderfully. I've even perfected drying my heavy jeans and khaki pants together and lighter materials separately.





But I've moved since college and for the past few months, I've found that my bed sheet often gets wrapped around other clothing (like a polo shirt). It comes out of the dryer looking like I took the wet shirt and placed it inside the wet sheet -- then twisted the sweet up 50 times really tight. The result is, the shirt is all bunched up, not dry, and has 999999999999 wrinkles.





I know I could avoid this by washing the sheet separately....but at $3.00 for a load of drying, I would like to avoid that. Why is this just starting to happen now? Any tips on how to avoid it? Thanks!Why do my bed sheets seem to get wrapped around my shirts when doing laundry?
Wash your bed sheets seperate from your clothes. But to save on costs, but one or two more dryer sheets in there.Why do my bed sheets seem to get wrapped around my shirts when doing laundry?
The cause will be some sort of physic law but the cure is simple, wash sheets by themselves
If you always washed sheets with clothes and had no problem you just lucked out. Wash sheets alone, problem solved
Because you are washing your sheets with your shirts. Sheets should only be washed with sheets, just like towels should only be washed with towels.





You could put the shirt in fishnet bags, this might solve your problem.

No comments:

Post a Comment