Sunday, March 7, 2010

I have a rash from New Bed Sheets!?

K, i bought new sheets and blankets from Wal Mart, i did not wash them before i slept in them, i woke up the next day with multiple little red dots that almost looked like lil dry spots, their all over my stomach, my shoulders, my head has been itching and behind the ears, i am trying this cream called Cortaid, doesn't seem to be working, but its getting worse and looks like it is spreading, what is this, and could it be some sort of bug, the tag says it is from Pakistan, just found that out, i really regret not washing these sheets, WHAT SHOULD I DO? thank you.I have a rash from New Bed Sheets!?
Don't know if this will help, but I know that some cotton bedding products from China need to be washed first because they are sprayed with some chemical during the dyeing process that can cause skin reactions.





It doesn't help you but you may need to get cortisone cream (may be stronger than the one you got). If it is an allergic reaction, then a doctor might be your only answer. Skin rashes can hang around.





If it is a mite bite - unlikely since I doubt they would've been imported through customs system - then you'll need to take steps with bug spray etc. Look on your skin for any really teensy tiny things crawling around - could be lice/mites. An outside chance but still, it's possible.





No matter what - report it to Walmart and whatever trader/consumer organisation you have. Even if they can't do anything (except refund your money) it is at least recorded - could be a bad batch of material or (yikes!) sabotage.





Good luck.I have a rash from New Bed Sheets!?
It can happen... maybe there were loose fibers , maybe the packaging got into the cases while being shipped. While I have never had that problem , I can see how it would happen. i would wash all sheets , blankets, etc.. and vaccum the matress if u can.


Get some aveeno oatmeal wtuff to soak in the bath for the itching... it should go away soon. unless u got freeinsurance.. then go to the DOC!
go to your doctor you will be grand. but in future wash all your clothes and bed clothes before using them

No comments:

Post a Comment