Tuesday, March 16, 2010

I got very itcht last night in bed having just laundered my sheets that very day. Is it detergent?

The last time I laundered my sheets with detergent I spent a very itchy night, too - so I simply ran them through the rinse cycle, dried them and everything was fine.





I laundered these particular sheets with detergent yesterday and lo and behold last night I was itchy again





Does it make sense that these particular sheets (indian cotton, high thread count) should make me itchy when laundered with detergent but other sheets are OK?





I am 90% sure the itchiness (SEVERE itchiness) is the detergent because as I say I used the same sheets a month ago having run them through the wash cycle without detergent and I was fine





Any comments, ideas, suggestions welcomed ... thanks in advance.





(I am 100% sure it isn't bed bugs cos until I laundered my sheets, I was fine and the itchiness happened that very night - last night - and I have had a rotten night's sleep!)I got very itcht last night in bed having just laundered my sheets that very day. Is it detergent?
The high thread count holds more residue. Instead of the detergent, could it be the fabric softener? I can understand why the clothes would not be affected. Clothes are designed to breathe is expell perspiration and to keep you cooler. You have no idea of the thread count of your clothes, so there's not correlation. I can't use some fabric softeners on on sheets. My wife likes the high thread count, but it retains too much detergent/ softener residue for me and I get a rash if I use one particular brand. Also--you don't have an animal in or one the bed do you? I caught the cat on the pillow yesterday and had to wash it. Any other possible source that's unique to the bed?I got very itcht last night in bed having just laundered my sheets that very day. Is it detergent?
You really already know it's the detergent. You could try running the sheets through a complete wash a second time without any detergent to completely rid them of any residue if you don't want to go out and buy new stuff. However, you also need to consider ';Bounce'; or ';Fleecy'; sheets, if you are putting them in the dryer. I'm surprised though that your clothes aren't bothering you as well.





I've had the same problem staying in some hotels when travelling.
  • korres
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment